Friday, September 25, 2009

Trying something

A couple of weeks ago I decided I wanted to try making a necklace for myself. Nothing complicated, just something simple, long and sparkly. I've tried my hand at jewelry making before, but I always shy away from projects that require expensive supplies and tools.

I love smoky quartz, so I bought some nice big, round, faceted beads on Etsy, as well as 3' of delicate gold chain.

Today I found some gold plated eye pins and a set of tiny jeweler's tools at Michael's. I couldn't wait to try them out.

It's far from perfect, but I really like how it turned out. A little fancy, yet a little quirky with the beads spaced unevenly. No need for a clasp. Just right!

And just how I imagined it. I think it'll look nice with the outfit I'm assembling to wear to my brother's wedding. That smoky quartz is a winner.

No comments: